Quantum Computation & Intelligent Systems
The vision of the "Centre for Quantum Computation & Intelligent Systems (QCIS)" is to develop theoretical foundations, innovative technology and practical systems that will result in next generation enterprise intelligent information systems. Its five major research programs cover:
- quantum computation,
- knowledge discovery,
- decision support,
- innovation, and
- infrastructure enhancement.
Together, these programs develop a set of innovative and practical methodologies and techniques for intelligent information processing and system building for a broad range of businesses, including finance, marketing, security, health, government and engineering.
QCIS is a partner in five Joint Research Centres:
- UTS-Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Joint Research Centre for Intelligent Systems.
- UTS-Beijing Institute of Technology Joint Research Centre for Data Mining and Service Technology.
- UTS-Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science (AMSS), Chinese Academy of Science, Joint Research Laboratory for Quantum Computation and Quantum Information Processing.
- UTS-Tsinghua University, Joint Research Centre for Quantum Computation and Artificial Intelligence.
- UTS-Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Joint Research Centre for Cyber-Physical Authentication.
On 12 April 2013 the Centre celebrates its fifth birthday. See a summary of achievements.
The Centre has a regular research seminar program to which all members of the public are welcome.